On the Wire - Radio Lancashire - Home

Wednesday, August 10, 2022

Ajay's Bo Diddley photos in McComb, Mississippi

On the drive to New Orleans, we pulled off Interstate 55 for a coffee and found ourselves in a town called McComb. I scratched my brains hard thinking that I knew this town. A few minutes later I said to Yoke and Arun….I think this is where Bo Diddley was born. I asked the petrol station attendants if they knew if Bo was from their town….but they’d never heard of him. I searched for free wifi in a cafe nearby, and then, as if Moses had stepped down from the mountain, the truth was delivered! My memory might not be the best when it comes to remembering birthdays, but I sure as hell know where Bo Diddley was born. We drove into McComb and found the Blues Trail sign and a small tip o’ the hat to one of my all time favourite musicians!